Good Jobs Nation is a movement representing over 2 million low-wage federal contract workers who break their backs to serve America. Founded in 2013, we have been fighting online and in the streets to hold the President and all politicians accountable to working families.
Here's what we've won:
• 3 Executive Orders
◦ The Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces Executive Order, preventing wage theft and other labor law violations on federal contracts
◦ Raising the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 per hour
◦ Providing paid sick days for workers on federal contracts
• A union for the Smithsonian Institutions' food service workers
• Blocking anti-worker CEO Andy Puzder's nomination for Secretary of Labor
• Through litigation, recovered millions of dollars of wage theft on behalf of thousands of workers.
During his campaign, Donald Trump promised America’s workers “more jobs and better wages”. Instead of keeping his promise, we now face new era of unprecedented attacks on workers' rights. Our response: to push back harder than ever to hold the President and his Congressional cronies accountable to the working families that keep our country running.